Jun 9, 2026A flexible handheld that works well docked
I have been using it for using it docked with a monitor, and it fits that use really well. For indie games, RPGs, and lighter shooters, it has been excellent. For the lower price I paid, the small cosmetic stuff is easy to ignore. I would recommend it to someone comfortable changing settings and updating drivers. It is not silent, but the fan noise has not bothered me much. The 7-inch 120 Hz screen looks sharp and smooth enough that older games feel new again.
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
HHannah W.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
May 3, 2026A smooth, capable handheld for PC gaming
The unit arrived with an almost new look, which made me feel better about buying used. The value is good if you understand you are buying a portable PC, not a console. The 7-inch 120 Hz screen looks sharp and smooth enough that older games feel new again. It feels like a small gaming laptop shaped like a handheld. For the lower price I paid, the small cosmetic stuff is easy to ignore.
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
SSana P.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Nov 12, 2025A great handheld for couch gaming
I use the Ally X in a very specific way: plugged in on the couch, brightness around medium, performance adjusted per game, and usually with headphones. In that setup it has been excellent. The 7-inch 120 Hz screen makes menu text easier to read than I expected. I bought mine with a few light marks from normal use, and I only found one cosmetic mark after looking closely. The best performance came when I stopped using maximum settings and treated it like a handheld instead of a desktop. With that mindset, battery life is a big step up, 24 GB RAM helps heavier games, and the grips are comfortable. The downside is the price is higher than I wanted, but that is manageable for me. I think the value depends entirely on whether you enjoy tinkering a little. I do, so I am happy with it.
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
MMiles B.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Oct 24, 2025Strong performance with battery-life tradeoffs
I recommend it only if you are patient with settings. The unit was usable, but it came with small scuffs on one corner. Battery life can drop quickly when I push newer games. I still like it, but I would not call it completely beginner friendly.
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
HHassan P.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Sep 15, 2025Great value with better-than-expected condition
The unit arrived with a clean screen, which made me feel better about buying used. I had to run updates first, but after that it settled down. The value is good if you understand you are buying a portable PC, not a console. I would recommend it to someone comfortable changing settings and updating drivers. For the lower price I paid, the small cosmetic stuff is easy to ignore. For indie games, RPGs, and lighter shooters, it has been excellent. The best part is being able to pause a game on my desktop and continue somewhere else.