This was my first Windows handheld, so I expected a little learning curve. I was worried about buying one used, but mine came with small scuffs on one corner. It feels like a small gaming laptop shaped like a handheld. For indie games, RPGs, and lighter shooters, it has been excellent. I like that I can install normal PC launchers instead of being locked into one store. It has replaced a lot of random phone gaming for me. It is not silent, but the fan noise has not bothered me much. I use it way more then my laptop now.
Pros- Fast storage, - it works well docked, - the big screen makes games easier to see
Cons- Software can feel messy, - 512 GB runs out fast
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
TTanya R.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Sep 2, 2025A great handheld for couch gaming
I use the Legion Go 512 in a very specific way: plugged in on the couch, brightness around medium, performance adjusted per game, and usually with headphones. In that setup it has been excellent. The large screen makes menu text easier to read than I expected. I bought mine with some fingerprints and dust near the vents, and I only found one cosmetic mark after looking closely. The best performance came when I stopped using maximum settings and treated it like a handheld instead of a desktop. With that mindset, performance is solid, the big screen makes games easier to see, and the 512 GB model can be a good value. The downside is 512 GB runs out fast, but that is manageable for me. I think the value depends entirely on whether you enjoy tinkering a little. I do, so I am happy with it.
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
LLinda C.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Aug 30, 2025A versatile handheld with a few tradeoffs
Arrived with minor scratches on the back, runs my usual games well, and the bargain feel made it an easy yes for me.