I have mixed feelings because the main performance is good, but there are a few annoyances. The Sonos app setup is genuinely good, so I do not want to sound too negative. The problem is that app setup can be picky, and I noticed it more after the first few days. The lower price helps, but it does not erase the little problems.
Would not recommend this product
Was this review helpful?
VVictor F.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Jan 10, 2026I like it but expected a little more for daily use
I have used the Sonos Roam Portable Speaker for several weeks, so this is not just a first-day reaction. There are several things I genuinely like about it. The Sonos app setup is solid, and the surprisingly full bass for the size is better than what I had before. For music and casual listening, it can be very enjoyable. My unit arrived with better than expected for a used speaker. That part did not bother me much at first because I knew I was buying at a lower price. The problem is that little annoyances started to add up. The main one is that Bluetooth switching can be confusing. I also noticed that app setup can be picky, especially when I was moving between devices or using it for longer sessions. None of this makes it unusable. It still works most of the time. It still sounds good. It still feels like a known brand product rather than a random budget item. But I do think the listing should be very clear about condition and any quirks. The cheaper price matters, but only if the buyer understands what they are accepting. I would recommend it for someone who is patient and wants to save money. I would not recommend it for someone expecting a flawless open-box experience. Setup was okay, though not as smooth as I hoped. Battery life has been acceptable in my use. Comfort is fine for short sessions and less impressive for very long ones. My final opinion is that this is a good product with a less-than-perfect used buying experience. I am keeping it, but I am not amazed by it.
Would not recommend this product
Was this review helpful?
JJin G.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Aug 19, 2025Fine for the lower price for travel
For casual use it is fine, but picky buyers may notice the little issues. The Wi-Fi playback is genuinely good, so I do not want to sound too negative. The problem is that app setup can be picky, and I noticed it more after the first few days. Not gonna lie, the cheap price is what sold me first. At full price I would be more annoyed, but at this price it is okay.
Proslower price helped, compact size, kept connection most of the time
Conssmall setup frustration, not as polished as expected